On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 7:25 AM Janne Kiiskila
<janne.kiisk...@izumanetworks.com> wrote:

> Hei,
>

> Golang does have the required features to support this, but it is more of a
> challenge to convince the repo owners to start using this.
>
> You can download all of the dependencies in golang with go mod vendor and
> then store the vendor-folder to the repo as well.

yes go mod vendor is a way to get this working in a reasonable way.
This also avoid go's module management coming in way of
bitbake fetcher.

> But, the repo will get a lot larger that way. But, that fulfills the Yocto
> demands as far as I know.

As a distro, I think this should be even preferred even though size is
bigger and several modules will be duplicated per recipe if
there are other go packages in image. As a developer this might be not
preferred however.