Copying the list, I don’t do private support.

On 7 Sep 2023, at 17:29, shrikantvaish...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Thanks Ross sir,
> i have some doubts regarding your answer thanks in advance.
>
> (1)cant i directly modify inside "poky/meta/recipes-core/sysvinit" folder and
> write whatever i want is this approach ok ? i tried with inittab and then
> with rc but my echo "shri" script/command not displayed after startup.

Editing inittab is a bad idea.

> (2)Also i confuse with these two line:
>
>     • In your recipe install it to /etc/init.d :where is the location inside
> Poky directory???

That’s an on-target location.  Something like:

SRC_URI = “file://myinitscript <file://myinitscript/>”

do_install() {
        mkdir —parents ${sysconfdir}/init.d
        install ${WORKDIR}/myinitscript ${sysconfdir}/init.d
}

>     • use the update-rcd class to register it:why i need this steps

Write the init script and install it in the recipe for your application, or
write a new recipe if there isn’t a single obvious recipe.

The update-rcd class is needed to construct the symlinks for sysv to work.  If
you don’t know what I’m talking about then read up on how SysV init scripts
work: this isn’t Yocto-specific but a Unix standard since 1983.

Ross