Basically... yes, this is fine.

We don't really have anyone taking care of devtool/recipetool at the
moment or even knowing how the code works, so you have a lot of
freedom in how it can be improved, the only request from me is to add
tests to devtool and/or recipetool selftests for any new functionality
or otherwise improve tests as deemed necessary (it's a good idea to
study what there is right now - they're in
meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/).

Alex