Hi,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 11:35:13AM +0000, Dave Hitchman wrote:
> Thanks, but without the CXX settings there is no difference either, it still
> uses the wrong toolchain (or rather tries to and fails in the same way) . I
> have now removed the two export CXX type lines...

Check the CMakeFile.txt etc scripts in the SW component. They are likely
overwriting
variables like CXX. Alternatively, they are trying to mix host (-native) and
target
compilation in one step by compiling code generators etc tools.

If something on bitbake side is setting CXX etc variables, those can be seen
with "bitbake -e recipe".

Sadly these issues are quite common for SW which has not been cross compiled
before..

Cheers,

-Mikko