Hi,
I have a recipe that creates some directories in /usr/local and copies there
some files using do_install:append

> inherit qmake5
> OE_QMAKE_PATH_HEADERS = "${OE_QMAKE_PATH_QT_HEADERS}"
> DEPENDS += "qtbase qtdeclarative qtmultimedia libgpiod"
>

> RDEPENDS:${PN} += "qtxmlpatterns qtdeclarative-qmlplugins qtbase-plugins
> ttf-dejavu-sans qtquickcontrols qtquickcontrols2 qtfreevirtualkeyboard
> libgpiod valgrind
>
> do_install:append () {
> install -d ${D}${bindir}
> install -d ${D}/usr/local/test
> install -m 0775 qt_test ${D}${bindir}
> install -m 0775 ${S}/test.db ${D}/usr/local/test
> cp -r ${WORKDIR}/Resources ${D}/usr/local/test/resources
> cp -r ${WORKDIR}/LocalFiles ${D}/usr/local/test/LocalFiles
> }
> FILES:${PN} += "${bindir}/qt_test"
> FILES:${PN} += "/opt/*"
> FILES:${PN} += "/usr/local/test/*"

When I build the image, I see the folders appear in /usr/local as expected
while creating the rootfs but at some point they are removed and, by the time
the rootfs creation finishes, they are gone.
If I take the ipk package and install it on the embedded device the folders and
files are created correctly so I guess that the recipe is fine but there is
some task during the rootfs creation that deletes all the files in /usr/local
(my folders are not the only ones that are deleted).

Who could be doing that or how can I debug it to find the culprit?

Kind regards,
Javi