On 2012-01-10 05:57, Navani Kamal Srivastava wrote:
Hi,

I am getting problem in changing system clock of my board.

On rebooting the board after changing time, I can see the new time in kernel
boot messages like

“pmic_rtc pmic_rtc.1: setting system clock to 2012-01-10 18:22:15 UTC
(1326219735) “

but again it used to reconfigure system clock. Kindly see the boot messages
which comes after above mentioned message-

Configuring network interfaces... done.

Tue Jan 10 10:28:00 UTC 2012

INIT: Entering runlevel: 5

Starting syslogd/klogd: done

So now on giving “date” command at prompt I am getting the same time which was
there before

root@mx35pdk:~# date

Tue Jan 10 10:29:17 UTC 2012

What I am unable to understand is why this problem is coming with time only.
Date is getting changed successfully.

I am pretty sure from hardware point of view because Ltib rootfs is working
fine with this board.

Any replies would be appreciable.

What's your hardware target?  There is a bug #1767 that can
make the system always reset the clock to the saved timestamp
on boot.  This is probably what's happening to you.