Hello guys,

On 01/11/2012 01:36 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
There is a bug #1767 that can make the system always reset the clock
to the saved timestamp on boot.
I am not pretty sure for this because I am able to set system clock
using freescale provided rootfs. This problem I am getting only with
poky rootfs. I guess I need to change some recipe. It would be a great
help if you can help me in that.

The problem is that even when you set the date, your Poky system
does not use it when the system is rebooted because of this bug.

The simplest work-around (until the bug fix is finalized) is to
add the 'coreutils' package to your image.

I found the same bug and I fixed it in December. I didn't know there was open bug related to that. Anyway patch is available in master branch of poky: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=91367de75575e79a94b2f90b6b7aa8740a039fc5

Regards,
Lauri Hintsala