Hi,

On 21/05/12 09:47, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> There are issues that cannot be solved with just one layer. A distro is
> a workaround but still. More about this, rpi layer will be included in
> yocto project repos as  Richard plans so it makes sense to have a yocto
> specific layer. It could be a discussion here about using a core layer
> and above that some distro specific layers but in my opinion this would
> be a little too complicated for this. Right now i use a distro file
> which inherits poky distro in order to BBMASK some bbappends which we
> don't have in poky. Clear now?

This really needs to be a BSP layer, not a distro, so that people can
build a custom distros with it; i.e., the fact that you currently BBMASK
packages in the BSP configuration means it will not be useable as an
independent layer.

>     > Until a stable version of this layer we will keep this layer on
>     > bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/agherzan/meta-raspberrypi.
>
>     Considering that John Willis's work is on github, where a number of
>     people follow it already, why move this somewhere else? This just makes
>     it harder for anyone interested in this work to track what is going on.
>

> I'm not a github user. But this wouldn't be a problem. I find bitbucket
> a better place to hold any kind of git repo: it has collaborative
> options, you can have private repos (free) and a bunch of other stuff.
> And after all it is a git. You can clone it, fetch and pull anywhere on
> your computer. So i don't find this a problem.

It should be easy for people interested in the m-rpi effort to track
what is happening, splitting it over multiple online services does
facilitate that; more so it implicitly turns this into two separate
projects simply because someone wanting to contribute will have to
choose where to send the contributions to.

Tomas