From: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.bur...@intel.com]
Sent: 9. huhtikuuta 2013 13:07
To: Andreas Enbacka
Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] Problem with mouse and keyboard detection in yocto
(core-image-sato on emenlow)

Hi Andreas,

On 8 April 2013 18:44, Andreas Enbacka <aenba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to rebuild the xf86-input-evdev; however the core-image-sato still
> insists on using the default mouse / keyboard drivers instead of evdev. Also
> no /dev/input/event* entries exist (only /dev/input/mice and
> /dev/input/mouse0).

So in that case evdev won't help anyway.  I wonder why that is.  I guess you'll
need to try evtest and look at dmesg.

> Concerning removing xf86-input-mouse / xf86-input-keyboard from the image,
> what is the easiest way to achieve this using yocto? I have created a custom
> bitbake recipe already, inheriting from core-image-sato, which adds a few
> packages. Can removal of packages be easily specified in the custom recipe as
> well?

They're pulled in through the machine configuration, eventually reaching
XSERVER_IA32_BASE.  The packages are tiny and the choice of what ones to use
can be made by xorg.conf anyway.

Ross