On 05/09/2013 11:32, Paul Eggleton wrote:
Hi Jay,

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 22:10:10 JC wrote:
On 04/09/2013 21:58, JC wrote:
On 04/09/2013 20:58, JC wrote:
Hi,

In my project, we have our own rpm repository and we use smartpm on
the target.
In order to have the target setup with the repo out of the box, we of
course have added "package-management" in IMAGE_FEATURES. Now I'd
like the target to have our repo address already configured.

The best way I found was to create a recipe in my overlay and hacking
the system a little bit this way :
do_install() {

    if

${@base_contains('IMAGE_FEATURES','package-management','true','false',d)}
;
then

         install -d ${D}/${sysconfdir}
         install -m 644 ${WORKDIR}/config.in ${D}/var/lib/smart/config
fi

}

where "config.in" is a simple copy of the non-human readable version
of smartpm config file, generated manually on the target.

I was wondering if there would be a better way such as do not test in
the do_install, but rather make the recipe dependent on the
"package-management" image feature ? (so that do_install wouldn't
even be considered if the option is not set), or any other smarter idea.
Actually I _need_ a better idea because mine doesn't work: it actually
creates what I want (/var/lib/smart/config) but since do_rootfs also
uses this directory to install packages, it wipes it out at the end of
the process... so my installation is removed :(

I'm sure someone else did something like this (but succeeded) ?
The guilty line is in /sources/poky/meta/classes/rootfs_rpm.bbclass

145:         rm -rf ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/var/lib/smart

:(

Whatever I want to do with packages, It'll be removed. There's probably
an alternate way :(
Unfortunately we have to have a fixed configuration for smart during do_rootfs,
so it has to be written to. I think though that rather than trying to install
a configuration file for smart using a separate recipe, I would suggest
modifying the smart configuration at the end of do_rootfs to add the
configuration elements you need. The way to do this would be to define a shell
function that you can add a call to in ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND that will
run smart:

add_extra_smart_config() {
        smart --data-dir=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/var/lib/smart channel --add rpmsys
type=rpm-sys -y
}
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "add_extra_smart_config; "

You can put the above in the image recipe itself or in a class that your image
recipe inherits.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks, I'm going to try it !!

Assuming I don't want to create a new image (i still haven't exactly figured how to do this in a clean way), where should I append this code ?
How can I make it dependend on the "package-management" feature?

Thanks again,
Jay