On 2015-01-27 9:13 PM, Yani Dubin wrote:
On 28 January 2015 at 12:19, Yani Dubin <yani.du...@taitradio.com
<mailto:yani.du...@taitradio.com>> wrote:

    Since this is my first time reporting a kernel bug, and I now know
    exactly what I am looking for can you give me any pointers on
    where/how to search to see if an upstream fix exists already?

I fetched the latest 3.14.y from linux-stable at git.kernel.org
<http://git.kernel.org> and saw no further changes to this driver, nor
anything relevant on the 3.18.y branch (git log on affected file). I
haven't looked outside the stable source tree.

I have assumed that a fix would touch the driver itself. I do not know
what a proper fix would actually look like - presumably my workaround
would break whatever the changeset was fixing for those using the TSC
part of the driver, much the way their fix broke my use of the driver.

bugzilla.kernel.org <http://bugzilla.kernel.org> states that it is for
submitting issues with mainline rather than distribution kernels. Would
they consider linux-yocto a distribution kernel, and I should leave this
with you?

They would consider it a distribution kernel, but if you can show the
issue in the same 3.14.y -stable kernel, you can report it via that
avenue.

Alternatively, it is worth firing an email to the arm-kernel mailing
list, to see if anyone else has seen this, or has a comment on the
problematic commit.

I'm in the same situation as before if it is left with me .. I don't have
the h/w to reproduce the issue, so I can't effectively fix it.

Bruce

Regards,
Yani.

recipient. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the
subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by
reason of this transmission.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate,
distribute or reproduce such email, any attachments, or any part
thereof. If you have received a message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or
corrupted during transmission nor can we guarantee that any email or any
attachments are free from computer viruses or other conditions which may
damage or interfere with recipient data, hardware or software. The
recipient relies upon its own procedures and assumes all risk of use and
of opening any attachments.