On 2015-07-21 09:26, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
Hi team

I have a question , according to documentation there is a difference between

IMAGE_INSTALL_append

and

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL

Specifies the list of packages to be added to the image. You should
only set this variable in the local.conf configuration file found in
the Build Directory.

When I use the second one and try to build a core-image-minimal-xfce
bitbake does not install what I wanted in my image . I had a really
hard time few weekends ago because of this.

I wonder If I am missing something or if this is a bug

The core-image-minimal-xfce recipe does not "play nice" with
the core-image class and is not respecting CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.

I think this should be filed as a bug (and feel free to suggest a patch)

BTW, this question should really be on the OpenEmbedded development list.