Hi Nikolay!
On 2015-08-13 13:32, Nikolay Dimitrov wrote:
On 08/13/2015 02:21 PM, Paul Sherwood wrote:
Hi all,
I am not affiliated to any Yocto Project member organisation, but am
assisting with integration at the Automotive Grade Linux project, which
is re-using some work from upstreams at git.yoctoproject.org

Recently members of the AGL community have started contributing patches
for meta-renesas at our mirror [1]. We would like to offer this and
future work to upstream, and I am hoping to understand so that I can
help guide AGL's activities so that we are properly aligned. Please can someone guide us on the accepted way to offer these and subsequent patches?

br
Paul

[1] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/4047/

Haven't seen you for a quite a while after Karlsruhe, hope you're doing
fine.

Small world! I am very well thank you - it's great to re-connect with old friends here :-)

Regarding the upstreaming guidelines, the usual steps apply - ask
contributors to push patches as close to the upstream project as
possible, and just then go downstream, like this (in order of
preference):

1. Upstream components
2. Yocto meta layer (which you are reusing)
3. AGL repos

Understood, thank you. So in this case, for patches to meta-renesas, should we email them to this list, or another list, or send directly to the maintainer, or is there another mechanism established?

Also, it would be great if your AGL maintainers can enforce appropriate
patch tracking by Upstream-status tag + description, as it will help
everyone.

Yes, I completely agree.

br
Paul