On 2015-09-25 09:38, Christopher Larson wrote:

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Allen Curtis <ajcur...@ac2enterprises.com
<mailto:ajcur...@ac2enterprises.com>> wrote:

    I am working with a BSP that has multiple image recipes.

    foo-hwbringup-image.bb <http://foo-hwbringup-image.bb>
    foo-qt5demo-image.bb <http://foo-qt5demo-image.bb>

    foo-qt5demo-image.bb <http://foo-qt5demo-image.bb> contains "require
foo-hwbringup-image.bb <http://foo-hwbringup-image.bb>"

    However if I create foo-hwbringup-image.bbappend, it gets ignored.

    What are the rules with appending included recipes?

bbappends do not append arbitrary files, only recipes (and in this case, the
inclusion treats them as an arbitrary file). They do not apply to anything
included or required, only
the recipe itself. So you'll need to bbappend every recipe that includes
foo-hwbringup-image.bb <http://foo-hwbringup-image.bb> in this case.

What's the argument against requires picking up any .bbappends?
I agree with the original poster - this seems only natural and
would be extremely useful, not necessitating jumping through
hoops like "IMAGE_FEATURES", etc.