On 03/21/2018 03:54 PM, Alexander Kanavin wrote:

I'm attempting to package a npm-based js application into a Rocko image, and I'm having some issues. For testing I use the official poky repo and the meta-openembedded repo (for installing nodejs 8.4.0). I'm building for qemux86-64.

I know this is not an answer to your specific issues, but npm is a bit of maintenance nightmare as its workflow (downloading random stuff off the internet as an integral part of the build) clashes badly with how bitbake, and embedded world in general handle builds. We've discussed what to do about it, with no clear outcome, but we would like to have something that doesn't require constant fixing and hacks:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2017-March/000480.html

Oh, and you might have more success using meta-nodejs, as it doesn't try to implement a custom fetcher, and just runs npm directly during the build. If you don't mind that that makes the build outcome essentially random from one invocation to the next.

https://github.com/imyller/meta-nodejs

Alex