On 03/21/2018 04:44 PM, Svein Seldal wrote:

 > Oh, and you might have more success using meta-nodejs, as it doesn't try
 > to implement a custom fetcher, and just runs npm directly during the
 > build. If you don't mind that that makes the build outcome essentially
 > random from one invocation to the next.
 >
 > https://github.com/imyller/meta-nodejs

The meta-nodejs repo seems to be abandoned, as it does support any newer versions of nodejs. I asked on #yocto and I was suggested that this layer wasn't really necessary as meta-openembedded supports nodejs.

You have seen first-hand what 'supports' means in practice :-) As long as it's not regularly, automatically tested against a wide set of target npm packages, it just isn't going to work well.

I'd suggest you could take over the maintenance of meta-nodejs maybe?

Alex