Hi Tom,

I never tried to get clamav to run, but please see my comments below.

On 2018-04-03 16:22, Tom Gibson wrote:
Hi Anuj

This is happening because clamav is looking for pcre-config (uses it to find
pcre paths) and it's not able to locate it ...

Even if you do get around this error by passing the path to configure, using
binconfig files to evaluate paths has been disabled in OE-core layer.

So, you will have to fix the configure/pcre.m4 file in clamav to do this using
.pc file from libpcre instead.

Sorry, I'm not clear on which file needs fixing? I can only find pcre.m4 at

<builddir>tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/clamav/0.99.2-r0/git/m4/reorganization/libs/pcre.m4

Isn't this generated during build? I'm sorry I'm also not clear on what needs
changing, where can I find the correct .pc file for libpcre?

I guess Anuj has a much better understanding about ClamAv and friends, but in general:

.pc files are for the pkg-config utility[1][2].

You might want to try to compile libpcre and clamav natively on your target board. From there I would try to "steal" the relevant information and feed it back into the recipe(s).

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/1/pkg-config
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkg-config

Also I guess that the file you need to fix is:

./m4/reorganization/libs/pcre.m4

with the input of whatever libpcre has in the libpcre.pc... or so file.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tom

Happy hunting,