John Stephens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sez:

[...]
>My problem is when I paste formatted text into a plain text note.
>Doing this in TextEdit and other text editors I use begets plain
>text, which is what I want. In order to do this in Yojimbo, I have to
>press Shift-Alt-Command-V (Paste And Match Style), which may be
>Apple's punishment for trying to use keyboard commands. I'd like to
>get a behavior like what I have in TextEdit, where I can paste in
>text and remove the formatting. I couldn't find a preference pane
>that dealt with this. Any ideas?

Although there's no direct option to paste plain text, you can apply
Format -> Remove Formatting subsequently to get the same effect.

(FWIW, since I often need to 'paste plain text' in different apps, I've set
up a Keyboard Maestro action mapped to Cmd-Shift-V, but there are plenty of
other ways to skin the same beast :-), e.g. "Plain Clip.app", probably
QuickSilver or LaunchBar, or any of the autotyper tools like TextExpander
or TypeIt4Me with a plain-text shortcut for the clipboard contents.)

Regards,

 Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc.                        <http://www.barebones.com>