Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:
Darren Middleman wrote:
Hi Anders,

I'm curious as to why we need to have the org.omg.* classes in a module by themselves. Right now, it seems like having all of the CORBA code located
in the Yoko 'core' module should be fine for most purposes.  Is there a
reason why we need to break this down further into multiple CORBA modules or
have I misunderstood what you are trying to achieve?

Currently, the Geronimo project has a spec module containing the same classes. It is my understanding that the Geronimo people want the spec in a separate module.

We have an open JIRA issue on the subject: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YOKO-24 .

Generally, the spec modules are used to separate interface from implementation, which is fairly important when dealing with the various interdependencies between geronimo components. This allows Geronimo and packages with Geronimo support to compile without requiring the complete Geronimo build package. They only need the spec jars. This also cleanly separates the classes the other components are permitted to use from the internal classes that should remain hidden.

Best regards,
Anders