Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
Daniel Kulp wrote:
On Tuesday August 08 2006 3:43 pm, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
Maven uses the dependency set to generate the jar... Take a look at the
bottom of the pom.xml in the distribution module.
It needs to be versioned like the rest of the jars.

Why? Having it UNVERSIONED in the distribution makes it MUCH better for writing the wsdltojava shell/bat files and such. Note: when you run "maven deploy" it WILL get versioned before sticking it in the repository. It's just in the binary distribution where it appears that way. (and projects that don't use maven don't normally have versioned jars, thus it should be OK to be in the distribution that way) The main thing is if the version is in there, then the wsdltoidl scripts and such (that don't exist yet) would have to be updated with every version number change which can be a pain. (although maven could be configured to filter them)
It also needs the Notices etc. As a mater of fact, all our jars need them. I notice that
they do not.

That's a separate issue. However, in this case, there isn't any Apache IP in the jar. I'm not sure if the notice is really needed. It doesn't hurt to add it though.

Yep, a separate issue. However, the fact that this is a Jar from an incubating ASF project it and the other jars *must* have the notices and it must be clearly named. This is an incubator requirement.

P.S. I do see your point. We can run it by the Incubator PMC and see what they say.

Regards,
Alan