Hi,

As this is the first time we do that in this configuration I'd like to
suggest a certain approach.

1) Do not migrate more than 20 packages at once  ( svn cp )

2) Make things in small steps
    a) copy package A
    b) bump release and get a successful build done for package A
    c) test new package briefly and confirm functionality
    d) update package to latest stable version and get a successful build done
    e) update dependencies of this package A if necessary
3) move to package B

If you hit problems with a package that is not in your maintainership
contact the maintainer or the mailing list and give 24 hours time to
respond before proceeding.

Packages that do not have a current maintainer need to get the vacant tag.

Some suggestions how to do things in detail. We have some useful
helpers in our svn tree to make things a bit easier:

1) svn-cp-tree.sh , copies a whole bunch of projects into --targetdir

it supports --dry-run to test the command

When used it copies the mentioned projects and performs a svn ci -m
'commitonly' of all packages that are successfully copied.

Here an example :

~/versioncontrol/svn/yoper/projects/errata/svn-cp-tree.sh
--targetdir=../../3.1/rocketfuel/ aMule abiword acpid add airsnort
alien alltray alsa-utils amsn appres apt4rpm aquamarine arping ash
aspell at-spi atftp athcool aufs autoconf261 automake110 automake16
autotrace

Just simply note the revision number somewhere and you can always look
back via svn log -v -rREVNO to see which packages you copied :) .

2) bump-buildreq.sh

Use this to bump the release of packages that depend on a certain
package. For example if you'd like to bump all packages in
3.1/rocketfuel that are build against sqlite execute :

~/versioncontrol/svn/yoper/projects/errata/bump-buildreq.sh sqlite-devel

This will bump the release of those packages by 1 and generate a svn
command that you can simply copy and paste.

it supports --dry-run to test the command
3) bump-release.sh

This script bumps projects that are appended to it as arguments.

it supports --dry-run to test the command

This allows you to selectively bump the release of some packages

Say you want to first see where sqlite-devel is included :

grep -l sqlite-devel */*.spec | awk -F '/' '{print $1}'

This will return you some project names where you might not want to
bump all packages but only a few.

That is where script (3) is useful simply run

bump-release.sh 'your list of projects to bump release'

I hope this helps a bit to decrease the workload and simplify the
task. More input welcome.

cheers

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.