On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 13:40 -0400, Vance Shipley wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 01:33:42PM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }  You have only moved the call to AC_ERLANG_CHECK_LIB away from the user
> }  m4 macro into configure.ac.
>
> Yes, but now it works as it should:  aclocal; autoconf; ./configure
>
> I now notice there is a `bootstrap' script to do the above with
> an option to aclocal to include the user macros in the m4 directory.
> It's unnecessary.

I don't see the problem with using a user macro.

> }  You also removed ERLANG_LIB_VER_SUBST, which
> }  you fixed for all but one release file in another commit.
>
> Aha!  I missed that.  Here you go:
>
>   http://github.com/vances/yxa/commit/20d92dc5f5461fd9746ab3e92e94656662c79af5

Actually I was thinking of the eventserver. But I haven't tried your
master, maybe it works.

http://github.com/vances/yxa/blob/master/src/event/Makefile.in#L40

> }  I'm planning to change the way yaws is autodetected. We need to use
> }  pkg-config since yaws' directory is not search by default. (Except in
> }  some Debian/Ubuntu versions where yaws is installed in
> }  the /usr/lib/erlang tree.)
>
> That won't work for me as I use OTP release packages.  The existing
> way (autoconf) shouldn't interfere with whatever you're doing.  It
> just won't apply to the release files (i.e. don't use ERLANG_LIB_???_yaws).

I won't require yaws.pc then, but use it if it's available.

Btw, you should read
http://github.com/fredrikt/yxa/wiki/Submitting-patches .

/Mikael