Interesting Forum item about formats

On 25 Jun 2005, at 7:16 am, Jim L wrote:

Have you tried it? I might have been mixing up ape and mkw or whatever that fourth format is called. Try it on this little one.

From: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cris Haldenby
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:53 AM
To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] NEW VINE - GTO'S - PERMANENT DAMAGE- APE FORMAT W/ARTWORKS

No Problem for Mac's

Get a program called ' xACT'  (x Audio Compression Tool)

   It works a treat for FLAC SHN and APE

Product Description:

xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit. It is a GUI based front end (written in AppleScript Studio) for the unix applications Shorten (3.5.1), shntool (2.0.3), monkey's audio compressor (3.99),flac (1.1.1) and cdda2wav 2.01a32(with paranoia support). It also uses a modified md5sum (modified from 2.1 textutils) and sox (12.17.7). It does the basic commands of these applications and adds a few features to speed up productivity in creation of etree.org standard filesets.

Makes it's own sauce.

And it's Free!

Cris