I think it could be Yahoo. I haven’t noticed anything this week but starting in early November I noticed some list mail from this and another yahoo group being delayed by up to a day for personal delivery. Test mails sent from one of my other accounts always came right in on time. I’ve been using yahoo groups from almost when they started it and they have always had intermittent problems like this. The best thing to do is read directly from the website if you want to get faster delivery. Unfortunately it’s sometimes the opposite problem where I send one from my email client and it takes a long time to get to yahoo. The solution there is to post from the website but I need my spell checker. Anyway these problems always seem to get worked out after a while. Yahoo groups as a whole is a huge network with a tremendous volume of traffic and I think glitches are just normal. Plus it’s free ;-)

Jim L

From: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:20 AM
To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zappa-List] Message delays - was VO: 1967 & 1969 - FLAC & SHN formats

Greetings Nick,

I would be not pleased if messages took 2 days to reach my inbox too. Yes, the technology is failing you...

I'm curious regarding a couple of things: how many others have this same trouble (not the occasional message out of order, but the repeated and unacceptable delays with individual emails - a 2-day lag is outrageous), and what have they done (if anything) to rectify the issue with Yahoo, or their server - as, it seems to me, that's where the trouble lies? I'm the first to say Yahoo sucks, so don't think I'm defending then; I've not experienced the trouble you're having.

The lineage method we employ was set up in response to numerous complaints about the "Old Way" to which you wish to return. I care not how it's done; I'm rarely involved in them anyway, and don't mind waiting when I am. My concern is how many are effected; more than those who had an issue with the old way?

Remember Kids, it's your group - not mine. I merely attempt to keep as many members happy as I can...

Regards,

SOFA