In a message dated 1/16/08 4:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

Great, the "R" word has reared its ugly head, so let me apologize for using
the term in the first place.

Ok, let's not get too Ridiculous here (another important "R" word.)

Fans and even band members have used the affectionate diminutive "Napi" or
"Nappy" for Napoleon Murphy Brock for a long time. I refer you to the first
time
and place I ever heard or saw it used, in "A Definitive Tribute to Frank
Zappa" special magazine published by the Guitar Player magazine group circa
spring
1994.

This quote, from an interview with Peter Wolf, originally published in
Keyboard Magazine in 1980.

Q: Were there any particular weak points in the band when you were with Frank?
Wolf: The one thing that was not very strong in our band was the vocal part.
[Guitarist] Adrian Belew and [drummer] Terry Bozzio could sing some, but that
was it. Tommy could sing some backup, but there was not one guy in the band
who was a monster lead singer like Nappy [Brock] was.

--Milhouse