Hi all,

I really have no intentions to learn ZBLL, but I do believe in the
method.  I'll do everything I can to assist in the effort.  I have to
disagree with you though Doug, in regards to eliminating group C.
While you could be the main core of the group with your army of
computers, I think it would be a bad idea to rely entirely on one
person for this aspect of the effort.

As a side note, I know acube has the highest potential in finding
sequences, but cube explorer and even Ron's block solver can be
used.  I've found a few gems using both tools, even though one is
fast and usually gives you nothing, and the other is painfully slow.

As far as the individual groups go, they're not intended to be
restrictive in any way.  I'm sure many people will be involved in all
aspects of the process anyway.  Organizing it this way will just help
people prioritize their work time (I think).

I was talking with Chris about the team and I really feel that if we
divide up the tasks, and work together, we'll all be amazed by the
result (gotta love synergy)

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First I'd like to say that this is an excellent time to get this
> going. Winter break is coming up and I believe Chris will be out of
> school very soon.
>
> I would like to help with maintaining web content since that is
> something I'm good at.
>
> Also, we don't need a group C. I can generate faster than anyone
> here probably, since I work in a computer lab (and have two 3Ghz
> computers in front of me). Just give me a txt with all the input
> sequences and I bet I can get like 300 done a day.
> (Remember to use the ~U and the mask code for say RULM.)
> This should be done by group A.
>
> We need much more group D people, heck everyone should be a group D
> person.
>

> -Doug
>

> --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "cmhardw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Richard Patterson and I have been talking, and here is a proposed
> > delgation of responsibility.  We're really turning into a research
> > team like Gilles said, so I think it would be best if we
delegated
> the
> > responsibility.
> >
> > Here is the proposed delegation.  Let's see how this would work
> based
> > on our resources, and also with what each person wants to do.

> > A->  The lead will be in charge of delegating groups B, C, & D.
> >
> > B->  Those in charge of Web Space Management have two main
> > responsibilities.  First,
> > to receive raw sequences from group C, and to post them online in
> > way that it is
> > readily available for group D.  Second, to post optimized
sequences
> > received from
> > group D.
> >
> > C->  This group's main responsibility is to generate raw
sequences
> for
> > target cases,
> > as delegated by the lead.  Upon generating those raw cases, this
> group
> > will be
> > responsible for sending their output to group B.
> >
> > D->  This group is responsible for optimizing raw sequences posted
> > online by group B.  Upon optimizing, this group will send their
> > results to group B to be posted.
> >
> > **  To insure focus and synergy among the groups, the lead must
> > collaborate with all
> > the groups.  The target cases should be known and sought by each
> > group.  This will
> > help for organizational purposes.
-
> --
> >
> > Also since we are a small group, we may need to overlap a little
> bit
> > as well.  I am willing to do any of the above responsibilities.
My
> > computer processor is open for searching, and I also really enjoy
> > optimizing sequences.
> >
> > Also we can use my space on speedcubing.com to post sequences
that
> are
> > both raw sequences and optimized.  I will e-mail Ron as well and
> see
> > if we can use the space on the algorithms page for our final
> sequences.
> >
> > This is really exciting!  I think with this group effort to
> optimize
> > ZBLL that we will be able to bring it into prominence as a method
> and
> > get others interested.  Also, I belive that a group effort could
> make
> > ZB a very efficient method, possibly even more efficient that
> Fridrich.
> >
> > It sounds like we are all dedicated and ready to start working on
> the
> > method.  All we need now is to organize ourselves and we can
really
> > efficiently start optimizing algs.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.  It already sounds like we have people
> > wanting to do certain things, so let's try to organize.
> >
> > First thing, everyone say what you think of the proposed
> delegation.
> > First off, does it fit our resources?  Also, do we have enough
> people
> > to make this work?  I've made a database, basically just a roll
> call,
> > of who is interested in working in taking part of the
optimization.