Recently I experienced a method that would orient all edges exept the LL
edges so that F2L could be solved with only L U and R and thus no cube
rotations.

It hought that this would be useful, especially for OH-cubing but the way I
orient the edges is not very powerful.
I put as much non-oriented edges as I can on the F face, and then just do F
to orient them.
When I have 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 misoriented adges, it's easy (if I have 3, the
4th would be a LL edge).

If I have more, then I have a problem.
Or I could rotate the cube because there are only 8 edges on F2L. So is 5 of
them are misoriented, I just have to do y to have only 3 edges misoriented.

But anyway, this takes a bit of time. :-(

Gilles