Ed, I lost this thread of thought. What is your question, or what did you want me to comment on?
I thought you asked me if Zen is logical or not. I answered. That's NOT like asking me 'What is a cat?' . That's like asking me 'Is a cat a dog?'. .Bill! From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of ED Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:50 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question --- In [email protected], <billsm...@...> wrote: [Anthony:] Zen is illogical, so undefinable. [Ed:] To an individual student, the utterances of his Zen master may appear to be none, one or both of {logical, not-logical} simultaneously. In other words, Zen is beyond logic, or is it? [Bill!:] Zen is allogical - not confined or restricted by logic. [Ed:] alogical: not based upon logic or reasoned argument; opposed to logic 'Zen is alogical' is a statement which although true tells us next to nothing about zen. For instance, romantic love is alogical too. If you asked me 'What is a cat?' and I responded 'A cat is not a dog.', this truthful response would be telling you next to nothing about a cat. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5546 (20101019) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com
