I find the direction zen is leading me is not away from my feelings and
toward logical thought, but towards an ability to thoroughly know my
feelings without subsequently doing regrettable things. Feelings are
inseparable from living.

I find the idea that logic and reason can be effective goal setters to be
oddly at odds with reality. Logic and reason are very useful servants but
they cannot provide a context for decision making.

When I sit, at least, I see a wild system of counter balancing impulses and
tendencies; I can hope to respect the balance and stop cranking up the
static, to let the systems do their jobs, but I must say making it into a
system governed by logic and reason, not gonna happen. :-)  but that is
fine, the idea of a man governed by logic is just an (enjoyable) fantasy.

Live long and prosper,

--Chris