I have a zafu but have never found a zabuton to be very useful.
Sitting on wood even seems fine as long as my posture is close enough
to straight. I have a big zafu and a small zafu. I also use the zafus
to play cards or board games and to sit in my kids' room as they fall
asleep (the zafu also can be quite comfy under the head in a reclining
position for the sleepy evenings).

I used to sit for 25 minutes but since the northern California groups
sit for 40 minutes, I sit more like 30 now. Generally Burmese or half
Lotus.   I also usually burn some Japanese incense sticks and
sometimes chant.

--Chris