Hello, Kate,

Lovely to meet your acquaintance! It sounds like there are some parallels in
our journey (I just introduced myself to this group). I, too, wonder whether I
am a Zen atheist--maybe agnostic. The idea of God/god is very nebulous and the
Christian teaching that God is a "person" doesn't click with me.

I like what you say about practicing Zazen without expectation. This was the
teaching of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, who called expecting something from
meditation, "spiritual materialism".

Peace,

Glenn