there are plenty of folk who want the quick fix...you can sign up...there are
many waiting to take you aboard... but is that the way?

 i am off to my morning tai chi

" practise"..as joe says...just practise
 merle

If it could work to have some outside authority tell me the truth, I would
totally sign up for that.
Being responsible for not deceiving myself, for not having a fixed position of
safety, is harder than just being taken care of.
I can totally relate to why people seek shortcuts; though reality offers none,
I know how easy deceiving oneself is.
As far as the personhood thing, maybe seeing deeply into what it means for us
to be a person also changes the idea that a phrase like "personal God" points
to. That's been my experience at least as a practicing Christian and a
practicing zen student.

Are there any Gnostic Christians still around?