Everyone,

I try to communicate with people on this forum in the way I think would be best
to reach them.  In Zen that's called 'skillful means'.  I sometimes refer to it
as 'using all the tools in my toolbox'.

I communicate with Edgar with logic and long exegeses because I believe that is
the only 'tool' he believes is valid - logic and understanding.  He in my
opinion is a good example of the saying 'when all you have is a hammer
everything looks like a nail'.  Logic is his hammer and he want's to apply it
to everything.  I believe it is an inappropriate tool to apply to zen,
especially if that's the only tool you use.

I communicate with Anthony with humor because I have seen him respond well to
that.

I communicate with Kris and Mike using zen metaphors and that seems to work
well.

I thought Merle, seeing the way she posted and being an artist, would respond
better to metaphors than to logic and dissertations, but I may have misread
that one.

Anyway what I want everyone to know is that when I post my long dissertations
to Edgar it is specifically tailored for and primarily directed at him.  I know
it's not appropriate for everyone so don't judge me too harshly.  This style is
certainly not the one I am most comfortable with, but is one I can employ.

If anyone specifically addresses me in a post I will respond.  I will also
respond to posts in which I'm not addressed if I think I have something to add.
 When I post I usually address them to someone specific, and use the style I
think is the best way to communicate to them.  It probably won't suit everyone.

Like I said I have many tools in my toolbox, but am more skillful and
comfortable with some than others.