Bill,

You know, some "teachers", masters, and mature practitioners claim to be able
to see a sunset, without having thoughts of, e.g.:

"Beautiful!  I wonder if we'll see one like this TOMORROW!?", or;

"This is better than the one we saw in HAWAI'I that first night!"

Or, they can taste the Cheerios in the morning, and not think:

"Damn, is that pension check gonna come today, or ISN'T it?"

Martial artists can perform better if they don't have a lot of mental
distraction.

Just a few examples.

Not saying which anyone should like better, and I don't emphasize anything.

And not taking anything away from Jim (although he might like that).

--Joe