Bill!,

Well, now, it's not _a priori_, it is an empirical observation.

A Flower is not made of a Flower.  It is made of water, sunlight, earth
minerals, carbon dioxide, etc., all NON-flower elements.

Pancakes are made of flour: a non-PANCAKE element!

Now, for fun I'll change the subject, a little:

What are you due to?

--Joe