Merle,
Merle wrote:
" the coloured leaves are coming and after the rains the golden sunlight.. all
is emerald green at this point in time... "
You know, it sounds so great.
It would hurt my eyes for a week or so. When I go East, here, nowadays,
everything is so green in the old stomping grounds that it *does* hurt my eyes,
and seems "unnatural". It really, really takes getting used to. Even in
winter, there.
Such is the difference in the desert/of the desert, from all else. As you
probably know!, from experience with your Outback. But unless you've lived in
the desert for a long time and not seen greenery, say, for several full cycles
of Seasons (years), you can't imagine the experience of walking cold into a
full-fledged deciduous Summer, or Spring.
It's like landing in Ireland.
This is true, too, of awakening. But then all you see is natural, and you know
it, and it is right. It's just that you've been missing it for so long.
--Joe
PS (if you would stop changing the names of threads, you would have an easier
time following threads. Else, you can get dis-oriented; Occidented. I hope
you know what I mean when I mention threads, here. I'll assume you know).
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/