Mike,

No, this is not the correct understanding of karma. It can't just "be changed
anytime". People are always bound by prior actions according to the karma
theory.

You are confusing the theory of karma with the crazy Christian idea that if you
repent then all your past sins are suddenly and completely forgiven.

Edgar