mike
 evidence that the beatles could not read music..you said it not i.....merle

Merle,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying here? Evidence of what? And do you
really think a symphony could be written without musical notation (never mind
performed or taught!)?

Mike

 mike..
how do you know this?...what is your evidence?.....
 i found that a bit "far out"..
who in the right mind would not want to know what all those musical notes
meant?..
merle

The Beatles were arguably the best band in the world and none of them could
read music. Perhaps, therefore, we should discard with formal music notation?

Mike