Merle,

First of all perceptions are neither good or bad, they're just delusional.
There only 'bad' if you form attachments to them (believe they are real).

In the quote my interpretations is 'seeing' is experience and 'thinking' is
perception and other intellectual activities.

The quote is:

"The foolish reject what they see and not what they think;..."

This to me a caution about placing more importance in thinking than experience.

"..the wise reject what they think and not what they see."

This to me is an encouragement to put less importance on what you think and
more on what you experience.

...Bill!