I'm struggling with the transform process for dedupid.  I'm assuming I want to
create a unique dedupid for each event to keep them from being "summed
together" by Zenoss.

I see that the evid is always unique, so I tried to assign it as the dedupid:

Code:
mydedupid = getattr(evt,'evid')
evt.dedupid = "%s" % (mydedupid)

I searched more an found a forum post suggesting that the dedupid is not
available during the trasnform process. (?)  I then found a post suggesting
that dedupid is derived from the eventKey, so I tried trasnforming the eventKey

Here I've included the entire transform, including the part I am using to
transform the Summary field.  That part works fine, but I cannot seem to get
transform to modify the eventKey or dedupid fields.

Code:
myDescr = getattr(evt, 'inputName')
evt.summary = 'ATSC 4 QOS Error on %s' % (myDescr)
mydedupid = getattr(evt,'evid')
evt.eventKey = '%s' % (mydedupid)

Is there a guide to transform syntax that I have missed and should be reading?
I found this unanswered post (http://forums.zenoss.com/viewtopic.php?t=6885)
from a month ago where someone seems to be trying to achieve the same result?

Thank you

Read this topic online here:
http://forums.zenoss.com/viewtopic.php?p=39177#39177