> > Wouldn't this point to the fact that you are not finding the shared
> > library (native code) that underlies the Java binding? Where are
both
> > your libzmq.so and libjzmq.so libraries located? Are both those
> > locations in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in any place that can be found
by
> > the dynamic link loader?
> >

> Yes they are both located in the same place, i.e :
>
> /virgoDev/zmq/v2r0p9/lib
>
> As I mentioned before, there is no problem with the library location
> since I added a stdout message on load success. It is a naming
problem,
> the jvm
> <http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t371398-java-lang-
> unsatisfiedlinkerror.html#>is
> unable to find the methods it expects to find in the native library.

Ok.

>  I caught that point from a forum which may help:
> Note that the DLL is necessarily written to be used from a particular
> Java class
> <http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t371398-java-lang-
> unsatisfiedlinkerror.html#>.
> That class declares a number of native methods, and the
> DLL contains implementations of those methods. You cannot load the
> same DLL from another class and expect to be able to use those methods
> as though they belonged to the new class, because the method names in
> the DLL are determined (in part) by the name of the class they belong
> to. Did you rename the class the dll was intended to be used from? Did
you
> change its package declaration?

Well, does this apply to you? This is rather weird, I compile & use the
Java binding on a daily basis (on Windows XP) and I have seen people on
this list using it from other platforms, and they don't report having
this problem. Are you in any way modifying the Java binding prior to its
compilation?

--
Gonzalo Diethelm