gonzalo diethelm wrote:
>> In answer to the Java bindings issue. I encountered the same problem
>>
> as
>
>> already mentioned in a precedent thread.
>> I compiled the bindings without problems following README
>>
> instructions.
>
>> If I try the example in /perf:
>> java -Djava.library.path=/virgoDev/zmq/v2r0p9/lib -classpath
>> /virgoDev/zmq/v2r0p9/lib/zmq.jar: local_lat "tcp://localhost:5555" 1
>>
> 100
>
>> where the paths are correctly put, I get the answer:
>> jzmq library loaded ! // this is a message that proves that lib is
>>
> loaded.
>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: construct
>>         at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(Native Method)
>>         at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.<init>(ZMQ.java:117)
>>         at org.zeromq.ZMQ.context(ZMQ.java:73)
>>         at local_lat.main(local_lat.java:36)
>>

> Wouldn't this point to the fact that you are not finding the shared
> library (native code) that underlies the Java binding? Where are both
> your libzmq.so and libjzmq.so libraries located? Are both those
> locations in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in any place that can be found by
> the dynamic link loader?

Well, does this apply to you? This is rather weird, I compile & use the
Java binding on a daily basis (on Windows XP) and I have seen people on
this list using it from other platforms, and they don't report having
this problem. Are you in any way modifying the Java binding prior to its

No, I did no modifications at all. Maybe the problem is platform and
compilation related.
I use Linux SL4 and java version "1.5.0_04" and g++ (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red
Hat 3.4.6-11).

Cheers
Daniel