Please be considerate of downstream users and keep the zmq_device()
stuff for the duration of the current major release? I mean you can
add a zmq_proxy() by all means, but please keep zmq_device() as an
alias, along with any constants (if any) that has to do with the
device stuff so our existing code still work.

Once the major version number bumps up, go ahead and remove it.
This would make us binding authors' life much easier.

--d