All this thread was a mistake, sorry about that.

What is actually happening in my application is that receiving an
ZMQ_UNSUBSCRIBE in a socket that perhaps never received the
corresponding ZMQ_SUBSCRIBE a zmq_assert is triggered.

[mtrie.cpp]
bool zmq::mtrie_t::rm_helper (unsigned char *prefix_, size_t size_,
     pipe_t *pipe_)
{
     if (!size_) {
         if (pipes) {
             pipes_t::size_type erased = pipes->erase (pipe_);
             zmq_assert (erased == 1); <============================
             if (pipes->empty ()) {
                 delete pipes;
                 pipes = 0;
             }
         }
         return !pipes;
     }

I have several applications publishing and several subscribing, both
cases use one socket so when subscriber subscribes it is connected to
various publishers and when unsubscribes also. I use PUB/SUB.
Is there any limitation?

I am facing some stress on that, so if someone has a clue about what
generates the assert or what I am missing I would highly appreciate.

Thanks.