Here is my go "port" of it:
https://github.com/jhawk28/zmqc

Joshua

Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:52 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your helpful replies.

One final query- can i access zeromq to send messages from shell scripts (Linux) and Command Line scripts(Windows)? That is what I would prefer to do- however I dont know if its possible.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind,
Creatrix IT Soft.

From: A. Mark
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2013 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Which language binding/API to use such that the process uses least RAM

ZMQ's memory utilization while messaging will - among other things - depend on the zmq socket options and how you implement messaging. It sounds like you are going to be exchanging small messages and not transferring very large chunks, you should be able to reduce memory usage of zmq. My first guess is tuning SND/RCVBUF SND/RCVHWM  zmq socket options and using zmq_recv/zmq_send calls if you are very concerned and want the lowest memory usage.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:49 PM
ZMQ's memory utilization while messaging will - among other things - depend on the zmq socket options and how you implement messaging. It sounds like you are going to be exchanging small messages and not transferring very large chunks, you should be able to reduce memory usage of zmq. My first guess is tuning SND/RCVBUF SND/RCVHWM  zmq socket options and using zmq_recv/zmq_send calls if you are very concerned and want the lowest memory usage.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:25 PM
Hi

I am building a platform for deploying apps to cloud- I wish to use a mechanism for monitoring metrics of servers running apps for which I am considering zeromq- but one concern is the amount of RAM/CPU utilised by the process that sends data to monitoring server via ZeroMQ-  since the machine (where this process is running) itself may have as low as 512MB RAM(or less) and the client’s app will be running on this machine as well. Hence I want the process that sends messages via ZeroMQ to use as less RAM/CPU as possible.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind,
Creatrix IT Soft.