Seeing as zeroMQ is most likely running on top of tcp in this case, it
seems natural that for small messages the processing time of this extra
layer of code is adding a noticeable processing time.
You can find a really detailed write-up on performance at
http://www.zeromq.org/results:0mq-tests-v03

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM, ashwini ramamurthy <ashwini.ra...@gmail.com