 From: Matt Connolly <matt.conno...@me.com>
To: ashish nagar <ashish_nagar...@yahoo.com>; ZeroMQ development list
<zeromq-dev@lists.zeromq.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] zeromq DEALER client to multiple servers (ROUTER)

If you connect a DEALER to multiple endpoints it will distribute messages to
all of its connections. I think this is a round robin distribution.

If you have some specific logic where you need to choose which server to talk
to, you would need a router socket so that you can specify the address. You
could implement this as a separate routing so that your DEALER connects to one
ROUTER on a broker and then the broker decides which server to talk to. See the
lbbroker examples, such as:

https://github.com/imatix/zguide/blob/master/examples/C/lbbroker2.c

Cheers,
Matt

On 29 Sep 2013, at 4:25 am, ashish nagar <ashish_nagar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am using ZEROMQ for distributed messaging application. Need to connect client
(DEALER socket) to multiple servers (ROUTER socket on server side).  What are
my options on CLIENT side ?
>       1. Create DEALER socket on client side for each server endpoint (ROUTER
> socket).
>       2. Create only ONE DEALER socket on client side and add multiple
> endpoints.
>I tried option 2 -  connecting to multiple endpoints but message
always goes to the first connected endpoint. followed following steps:  -
create  DEALER socket - connect to first endpoint  - then on the run time,  add
another endpoint to the socket by using
socket.connect(endpoint). Do I need to reconnect?