Hi Pieter, you have struck on something there.

Converting it to int seems to yield the correct behaviour.

I guess the way setsockopt works type coercion doesn't happen.

Embarrassing! But at least we got to the bottom of it.

I was able to send billions of events without incurring loss. Apologies for
taking everyones time.

Thanks all.

Gerry Steele