Hi Kevin:

Right now we have only tested on CentOS 6 and 7 (and a little bit on CentOS 8).
 (On the other hand, we’ve done a *LOT* of testing on those platforms).

Personally I’ve been able to build and run the examples also on macOS (Mojave),
so there’s no reason to think it won’t work fine on Ubuntu, or any other
reasonably standard Linux, for that matter.

We’ve got pretty limited resources available, so we’re hoping that the
community can help with platform support.

So, give it a go, and if you run into any problems create an issue and/or
submit a PR and we’ll work it through.

Regards,

Bill