Hi Charlie,

Whenever you adopt the C4 process, you may encounter prioritizing
difficulties. It's more related to the type of the project, not the timing.
For example, C4 is very effective in ZeroMQ project because of its
free/open-source nature, Think about how task get prioritized in ZeroMQ,
tasks come from client needs, If I need some feature I can make an issue in
ZeroMQ Issues page in Github, of course clients could have different
priorities, but the brilliant point here is that the resources who decided
to work on a specific feature are also clients and individual contributors.
So, I as an individual contributor can decide which issue is more important
to me to work on. if you think your issue is more important, of course you
can work on it but you can not force others to work on your issue because
you think it's more important.

In a private corporation, things are a bit different, there is some limited
resources, and there should be some kind of consensus about most important
issues.
I think C4 with some additional practice for prioritization could be very
effective and useful in private companies also however without this
prioritization practice, you may end up with a situation that you have a
very important bug at the hand but developers are working on some fancy
features.

Best,
Esa